Place:


Dilham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dilham like this:

DILHAM, a village and a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk. The village stands on the river North, 4 miles SE of North Walsham r. station, and 13 NE by N of Norwich; and carries on some trade in corn, malt, coal, and other matters. The parish comprises 1, 563 acres; and its post town is Worstead, under Norwich. Real property, £3, 537. Pop., 425. Houses, 99. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Honing., in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £272. Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church was recently improved.

Dilham through time

Dilham is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dilham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dilham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1694

Date accessed: 22nd January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dilham ".