Place:


Moulton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moulton like this:

MOULTON, a parish in Blofield district, Norfolk; 2 miles N NE of Cantley r. station, and 8 W of Yarmouth. Post town, Acle, under Norwich. Acres, 1,018. Real property, £2,650. Pop., 259. Houses, 50. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lady Catherine Melville. Moulton Hall is a farmhouse. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £177.* Patron, LadyMelville. The church is ancient but good, and has a round tower. Charities £24.

Moulton through time

Moulton is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Moulton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moulton, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1677

Date accessed: 24th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Moulton".