Place:


Witton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Witton like this:

WITTON, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; 3½ miles ENE of North Walsham r. station. Post town, North Walsham, under Norwich. Acres, 1,746. Real property, £2,774. Pop., 269. Houses, 54. W. Hall is the seat of Lord Wode house . The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £136. Patron, the Bishop of N. The church has a round tower, and is good. There are an endowed school with £10 a year, and charities £37.

Witton through time

Witton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Witton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Witton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1672

Date accessed: 18th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Witton ".