Place:


Babingley  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Babingley like this:

BABINGLEY, or Baburghley, a parish in Free bridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; on a rivulet of its own name, near Lynn-Deeps, 1½ mile S of Wolferton r. station. Post Town, Castle-Rising under Lynn. Acres, 849. Real property, £924. Pop., 67. Houses, 12. The first Christian church in East Anglia Was erected here; and several hills in the neighbourhood are called Christian Hills. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Sandringham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church has a nave and a tower; but its chancel is ruined.

Babingley through time

Babingley is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Babingley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Babingley in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1657

Date accessed: 28th February 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Babingley ".