Place:


St Ervan  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Ervan like this:

ERVAN (St.), a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, 4 miles SSW of Padstow, and 14 NW of St. Austell r. station. Post town, St. Issey, Cornwall. Acres, 3, 218; of which 110 are water. Real property, £2, 942. Pop., 437. Houses, 89. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £405.* Patron, the Rev. H. N. Barton. The church is good; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and Plymouth Brethren.

St Ervan through time

St Ervan is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Ervan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Ervan in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1638

Date accessed: 26th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Ervan ".