Place:


Egloskerry  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Egloskerry like this:

EGLOSKERRY, a parish in Launceston district, Cornwall; on an affluent of the river Tamar, 4¼ miles WNW of Launceston r. station, and 16 N of Liskeard. It has a post office under Launceston. Acres, 3, 235. Real property, £2, 653. Pop., 510. Houses, 96. The property is divided among a few. ...


Penheal was the seat of the Speccots and others. Blue felspar and manganese occur. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Tremaine, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £111. Patron, the Rev. H. A. Simcoe. The church is ancient but good; and has a tower. Charities, £22.

Egloskerry through time

Egloskerry is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Egloskerry itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Egloskerry in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1615

Date accessed: 29th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Egloskerry ".