Place:


Duloe  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Duloe like this:

DULOE, a parish in Liskeard parish, Cornwall; near the Liskeard canal, 3½ miles N by W of West Looe, and 4 S by W of Liskeard r. station. It has a post office under Liskeard. Acres, 5, 844. Real property, £4, 561. Pop, 1, 096. Houses, 207. The property is divided among a few. Treworgy House was the seat of the Kendalls; and passed to the Inches. ...


There are, in the parish, a mutilated Druidical circle, about 30 feet in diameter, and a famous well, anciently dedicated to St. Cuby, and popularly called St. Kiby's well. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £529.* Patron, Baliol College, Oxford. The church is ancient, with embattled tower; contains numerous old tombs and brasses; and was restored, in 1861, at a cost of about £2, 300. The vicarage of Herodsfoot is a separate benefice. Charities, £13. Dean Miller was a native; and Dr. Scott, the Greek lexicographer, was rector.

Duloe through time

Duloe is now part of Caradon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caradon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Duloe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Duloe, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1614

Date accessed: 25th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Duloe ".