Place:


Corney  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corney like this:

CORNEY, a parish in Bootle district, Cumberland; on the Furness railway, 2 miles N of Bootle r. station, and 4 SSE of Ravenglass. Post town, Bootle, under Whitehaven. Acres, 3, 890. Real property, £2, 294-Pop., 256. Houses, 51. The property is much divided. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Carlisle. Value, £140. Patron, the Earl of Lonsdale. The church is old.

Corney through time

Corney is now part of Copeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Copeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Corney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corney, in Copeland and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1550

Date accessed: 06th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Corney ".