Place:


Turville  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Turville like this:

TURVILLE, a parish, with a village, in Wycombe district, Bucks; 5 miles SW by W of West Wycombe r. station. Post town, Watlington, under Tetsworth. Acres, 2,315. Real property, £2,281. Pop., 437. Houses, 91. The property is subdivided. T. Court is the seat ofScholefield, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £107.* Patron, R. Ovey, Esq. The church is tolerable.

Turville through time

Turville is now part of Wycombe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wycombe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Turville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Turville, in Wycombe and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1534

Date accessed: 24th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Turville ".