Place:


Brymbo  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brymbo like this:

BRYMBO, a township and a chapelry in Wrexham parish, Denbigh. The township lies on Offa's Dyke, 3½ miles NW of Wrexham; and has a post office‡ under Wrexham. Acres, 2,451. Real property, £21,643; of which £17,320 are in mines. Pop., 2,432. Houses, 503. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. ...


Pop., 5,475. Houses, 1,164. The property is much subdivided. Brymbo Hall was designed by Inigo Jones. There are collieries and extensive ironworks. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £256.* Patron, the Vicar of Wrexham. There are several dissenting chapels.

Brymbo through time

Brymbo is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brymbo itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brymbo, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1521

Date accessed: 21st May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brymbo ".