Place:


Newton Blossomville  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newton Blossomville like this:

NEWTON-BLOSSOMVILLE, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the river Ouse, at the boundary with Beds, 2½ miles E of Olney r. station, and 7 N N E of Newport-Pagnell. It has a postal wall-box under Newport-Paguell. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £1, 456. Pop. in 1851, 332; in 1861, 277. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £156.* Patron, the Rev. J. H. Talbot. The church has a tower, and was reported in 1859 as not good. There is a parochial school.

Newton Blossomville through time

Newton Blossomville is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newton Blossomville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newton Blossomville, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1508

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newton Blossomville ".