Place:


Puddington  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Puddington like this:

PUDDINGTON, a village and a township in Burton parish, Cheshire. The village stands near the Dee, 6½ miles N W of Chester; and has a post-office under Chester. The township comprises 1, 359 acres. Real property, £2,057. Pop., 160. Houses, 27. The propertybelongs to Sir R. S. Errington, Bart. P. Hall is the residence of J. Sparrow, Esq. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.

Puddington through time

Puddington is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Puddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Puddington, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1498

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Puddington ".