Place:


Partington  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Partington like this:

PARTINGTON, a village and a township in Bowdon parish, Cheshire. The village stands on the river Mersey, at the boundary with Lancashire, 4 miles W N W of Altrincham; is a scattered place; and has a post-office under Manchester. The township comprises 803 acres. Real property, £2, 511. Pop., 445. Houses, 96. The manor belongs to the Earl of Stamford. There are chapels for Independents, Wesleyans, and Primitive Methodists, and a large paper mill.

Partington through time

Partington is now part of Trafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Trafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Partington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Partington, in Trafford and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1494

Date accessed: 28th March 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Partington ".