Place:


Emberton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Emberton like this:

EMBERTON, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the river Ouse, 1½ mile S of Olney, and 3¾ N of Newport-Pagnell r. station. It has a post office under Newport-Pagnell. Acres, with Petsoe manor, 1,86 0. Real property, £3, 991. Pop., 62 4. Houses, 152. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, . £553.* Patron, Rev. E. G. Hutton. The church is late decorated English, with an embattled tower; and was restored in 186 9. Charities, £31.

Emberton through time

Emberton is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Emberton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Emberton, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1486

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Emberton ".