Place:


Stanford Dingley  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanford Dingley like this:

STANFORD-DINGLEY, a parish in Bradfield district, Berks; 4½ miles NNW of Aldermaston r. station, and 9 W by S of Reading. It has a post-office under Reading, and a large tannery. Acres, 914. Real property, £1,829. Pop., 145. Houses, 31. The manor belongs to W. H. Hartley, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £275.* Patron, Rev. A. B. Valpy. The church is ancient.

Stanford Dingley through time

Stanford Dingley is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanford Dingley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanford Dingley in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1463

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanford Dingley ".