Place:


Begeli  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Begeli like this:

BEGELLY, a township, a parish, and a subdistrict in Narberth district, Pembroke. The township lies near the Pembroke and Tenby railway, 5 miles S by E of Narberth; and has a post office under Narberth, and a r. station. Acres, 2,447. Rated property, £2,430.-Pop, 776. Houses, 160. The parish includes also the chapelry of Williamston. ...


Acres, 3,878. Real property, £4,082: of which £820 are in mines. Pop., 1,311. Houses, 288. The property is divided among a few. Begelly House is the seat of J. Child, Esq. Coal and culm are mined. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Williamston, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £216.* Patron, Lord Milford. The church is early English and good; and there is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel. The subdistrict comprises five parishes. Acres, 13,033. Pop., 4,313. Houses, 907.

Begeli through time

Begeli is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Begeli itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Begeli in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1456

Date accessed: 14th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Begeli".