Place:


Mollington  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mollington like this:

MOLLINGTON, a chapelry in the parish of Cropredy and counties of Oxford and Warwick; 1 ¾ mile N W of Cropredy r. station, and 4¾ N by W of Banbury. Posttown, Cropredy, under Banbury. Acres of the Oxford portion, 1,200. Real property, £2,377. Pop., 234. Houses, 53. Acres of the Warwick portion, 620. ...


Pop., 138. Houses, 34. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £120.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church is early English; comprises N aisle and chancel, with a tower; and was recently restored. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, an apprenticing fund, and a small charity.

Mollington through time

Mollington is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mollington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mollington, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14546

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mollington ".