Place:


Bevercotes  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bevercotes like this:

BEVERCOATES, a parish in East Retford district, Notts; 2½ miles NW of Tuxford, and 3½ from Tuxford r. station. Post Town, Tuxford, under Newark. Acres, 790. Real property, £799. Pop., 48. Houses, 7. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of West Markham, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is in ruins.

Bevercotes through time

Bevercotes is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bevercotes itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bevercotes, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14530

Date accessed: 20th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bevercotes ".