Place:


Reedley Hallows  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Reedley Hallows like this:

REEDLEY-HALLOWS, FILLEY-CLOSE, and NEW-LAUND-BOOTH, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the river Calder, and on the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 2 miles N N E of Burnley r. station. Acres, 1, 360. Real property, £5, 331; of which £3,023 are in mines. Pop., 423. Houses, 75. R. House, R. Grove, Pendleview, and Mountford are chief residences; and there are two cotton factories.

Reedley Hallows through time

Reedley Hallows is now part of Pendle district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pendle has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Reedley Hallows itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Reedley Hallows, in Pendle and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14515

Date accessed: 29th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Reedley Hallows ".