Place:


Yedingham  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yedingham like this:

YEDDINGHAM, a parish in the district of Malton and E. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile NNW of Heslerton r. station, and 8½ NE of New Malton. Post town, Malton. Acres, 1,150. Real property, £1,175. Pop., 108. Houses, 20. The property is subdivided. A Benedictine priory was founded here, before 1168, by Roger de Clere. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £205. Patron, Earl Fitzwilliam. The church is tolerable.

Yedingham through time

Yedingham is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yedingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yedingham, in Ryedale and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14511

Date accessed: 10th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yedingham ".