Place:


High Worsall  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described High Worsall like this:

WORSALL (High), a chapelry in Northallerton parish, N. R. Yorkshire; on the river Tees, 3 miles SW of Yarm r. station. Post town, Yarm. Acres, 1,511. Real property, £1,193. Pop., 109. Houses, 23. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Northallerton.

High Worsall through time

High Worsall is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about High Worsall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of High Worsall, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14496

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " High Worsall ".