Place:


Weston  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston like this:

WESTON, a township and a parish in Otley district, W. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the river Wharfe, 2 miles WNW of Otley r. station. Acres, 1,372. Real property, £1,940. Pop., 112. Houses, 19. The parish includes Askwith township, and comprises 4,552 acres. Post town, Otley. Pop., 450. Houses, 95. The manor is divided among three; and W. Hall is the seat ofDawson, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £104. Patron, W. V. Carter, Esq. The church is Norman and early English.

Weston through time

Weston is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14448

Date accessed: 03rd August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston ".