Place:


Weeton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weeton like this:

WEETON, a township-chapelry, with a r. station, in Otley parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Leeds and Harrogate railway, 6 miles ENE of Otley. Post town, Harewood, under Leeds. Acres, 1,230. Real property, £2,150. Pop., 317. Houses, 74. The manor belongs to the Earl of Harewood. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £100.* Patron, the Earl of Harewood. The church is recent and handsome-There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Weeton through time

Weeton is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weeton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weeton, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14438

Date accessed: 07th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weeton ".