Place:


East Hanney  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Hanney like this:

HANNEY (EAST), a village and a township in West Hanney parish, Berks. The village stands on an affluent of the river Ock, near the Berks and Wilts canal, 1 mile NNE of Wantage Road r. station, and 3 NNE of Wantage; and has a post office under Wantage. The township comprises 600 acres. Real property, £4, 539. Pop., 563. Houses, 137. It forms a chapelry to West Hanney.

East Hanney through time

East Hanney is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Hanney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Hanney, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1434

Date accessed: 09th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Hanney ".