Place:


Wroot  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wroot like this:

WROOT, a parish, with a village, in the district of Thorne and county of Lincoln; 7 miles SSE of Thorne r. station. Post town, Bawtry. Acres, 3,246. Real property, £3,249. Pop., 392. Houses, 89. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £400.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a brick building. There are two Methodist chapels, an endowed school with £68 a year, and charities £9.

Wroot through time

Wroot is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wroot itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wroot in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14105

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wroot".