Place:


Wootton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wootton like this:

WOOTTON, a parish, with a village, in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln; 2¾ miles NNW of Ulceby r station. It has a post-office under Ulceby. Acres, 2,980. Real property, £5,289. Pop., 591. Houses, 133. The manor belongs to the Earl of Yarborough. W. Hall is the seat of J. Ferriby, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £203.* Patron, Mrs. Gifford. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels and an endowed national school.

Wootton through time

Wootton is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wootton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wootton in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14100

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wootton ".