Place:


Winthorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winthorpe like this:

WINTHORPE, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 5½ miles E by S of Gunby r. station, and 10¾ E of Spilsby. Post town, Burgh, under Boston. Acres, 2,339. Real property, £5,077. Pop., 305. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to Lord Monson. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Burgh. The church is good. Charities, £6.

Winthorpe through time

Winthorpe is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Winthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winthorpe, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14096

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Winthorpe ".