Place:


Wrangle  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wrangle like this:

WRANGLE, a parish in Boston district, Lincoln; on the coast, 3¾ milesESE of Old Leake r. station, and 8¼ NE by N of Boston. It has a post-office under Boston. Acres, 9,780; of which 2,890 are water. Real property, £12,533. Pop., 1,198. Houses, 247. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £868.* Patron, the Rev. R. F. Wright. The church is ancient and handsome. There are two Methodist chapels, a free school, and charities £170.

Wrangle through time

Wrangle is now part of Boston district. Click here for graphs and data of how Boston has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wrangle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wrangle, in Boston and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14088

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wrangle".