Place:


Welton le Marsh  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Welton le Marsh like this:

WELTON-IN-THE-MARSH, a parish, with a village and a hamlet, in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, 1¾ mile N of Burgh r. station, and 6 ENE of Spilsby. Post town, Spilsby. Acres, 2,600. Real property, £3,416. Pop., 468. Houses, 91. The manor belongs to Lord Willoughby d'Eresby. ...


Hanby House and Boothby Hall are chief residences. The living is a p. curacy, united with Gunby rectory, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £140. Patrons,L. Massingberd, Esq., and others. The church is a modern brick building. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, and a poors' allotment of nearly 5 acres.

Welton le Marsh through time

Welton le Marsh is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Welton le Marsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Welton le Marsh, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14066

Date accessed: 26th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Welton le Marsh ".