Place:


Wellingore  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wellingore like this:

WELLINGORE, a parish, with a village, in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 1½ mile from Navenby r. station, and 9½ NW of Sleaford. It has a post-office under Grantham. Acres, 2,400. Real property, £5,807. Pop., 943. Houses, 200. The manor belongs to the Executors of H. Nevile, Esq. ...


W. Hall is a residence of theirs, but nearly unoccupied; and Hill House, of G. Woolhouse, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £206.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of L. The church is good, and has a tower and spire. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £5.

Wellingore through time

Wellingore is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wellingore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wellingore, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14054

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wellingore ".