Place:


Welbourn  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Welbourn like this:

WELBOURN, a parish, with a village, in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 7 miles N of Ancaster r. station, and 9 NW of Sleaford. It has a post-office under Grantham. Acres, 3,270. Real property, £5,241. Pop., 664. Houses, 123. The manor belongs to the Countess of Ripon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £498.* Patron, the Countess of Ripon. The church is early English, with later English clerestory windows, and with a chancel rebuilt in 1854; and has a richly crocketted spire, supported by flying buttresses. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Welbourn through time

Welbourn is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Welbourn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Welbourn, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14052

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Welbourn ".