Place:


Waddingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waddingham like this:

WADIINGHAM, a parish, with a village, in Caistor district, Lincoln: 4 miles SE of Kirton-Lindsey r. station. It has a post-office under Kirton-Lindsey. Acres, 3,720. Real property, £6,046. Pop., 812. Houses, 174. The property is much divided. Brandy-Wharf, on the Ancholme navigation, carries on some inland commerce. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £955.* Patron, the Crown. The church was restored in 1862. There are three Methodist chapels, an endowed school with £39 a year, and charities £35.

Waddingham through time

Waddingham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waddingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waddingham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14035

Date accessed: 13th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waddingham ".