Place:


Yelden  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yelden like this:

YIELDING, or Yelden, a parish in the district and county of Bedford; 4¼ miles ESE of Higham-Ferrers r. station. Post town, Higham-Ferrers. Acres, 1,912. Real property, £2,402. Pop., 286. Houses, 68. The manor belongs to J. S. Crawley, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £317.* Patron, P.Bunting, Esq. The church is Norman. There are a dissenting chapel, an endowed school with £15 a year, and charities £10.

Yelden through time

Yelden is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yelden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yelden, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1403

Date accessed: 28th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yelden ".