Place:


Ulceby by Barton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ulceby By Barton like this:

ULCEBY, a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln; on the Manchester and Lincolnshire railway, at the forking of the lines toward New Holland and Great Grimsby, 7 miles S by E of New Holland. It contains U.-Skilter, and has there a head post-office‡ of the name of Ulceby, and a r. station with telegraph; and contains also Ulceby village, 1¼ mile from the r. ...


station, and has there a post-office, of the name of Ulceby Village, under Ulceby. Acres, 3,790. Real property, £5,954. Pop., 1,048. Houses, 228. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £316.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was recently restored, and has a lofty spire. There are two Methodist chapels, and an endowed school with £29 a year.

Ulceby by Barton through time

Ulceby By Barton is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ulceby By Barton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ulceby by Barton, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14027

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ulceby By Barton ".