Place:


Toynton St Peter  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Toynton St Peter like this:

TOYNTON-ST. PETER, a parish, with a village, in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 2 miles S by E of Spilsby r. station. Post town, Spilsby. Acres, 2,530. Real property, £3,385. Pop., 433. Houses, 97. The manor belongs to Lord Willoughby d'Eresby. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £199. Patron, Lord Willoughby d'Eresby. The church is old. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £6 and 8 cottages.

Toynton St Peter through time

Toynton St Peter is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Toynton St Peter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Toynton St Peter, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14018

Date accessed: 24th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Toynton St Peter ".