Place:


Toynton All Saints  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Toynton All Saints like this:

TOYNTON-ALL SAINTS, a parish, with a scattered village, in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 1½ mile S by W of Spilsby r. station. It has a post-office under Spilsby. Acres, 3,120. Real property, £3,273. Pop., 471. Houses, 86. The manor belongs to Lord Willoughby d'Eresby. T. House is the seat of J. B. Parish, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £243. Patron, Lord Willoughby d'Eresby. The church is early English. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Toynton All Saints through time

Toynton All Saints is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Toynton All Saints itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Toynton All Saints, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13989

Date accessed: 22nd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Toynton All Saints ".