Place:


West Torrington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Torrington like this:

TORRINGTON (West), a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 3 miles N by E of Wragby, and 4 ENE of Snelland r. station. Post town, Wragby. Acres, 1,109. Real property, £1,565. Pop., 165. Houses, 34. The manor belongs to Turnor, Esq. The living is annexed to East Torrington. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels.

West Torrington through time

West Torrington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Torrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Torrington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13984

Date accessed: 28th February 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Torrington ".