Place:


Timberland  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Timberland like this:

TIMBERLAND, a township and a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln. The township lies 4½ miles WSW of Kirkstead r. station, and 9 NE by N of Sleaford; and has a post-office under Sleaford. Real property, £4,856. Pop., 589. Houses, 121. The parish includes Martin and Thorpe-Tilney hamlets, and comprises 9,190 acres. Pop., 1,618. Houses, 325. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £450.* Patron, Sir T. Whichcote, Bart. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £5.

Timberland through time

Timberland is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Timberland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Timberland, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13975

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Timberland ".