Place:


Thorpe on the Hill  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thorpe on the Hill like this:

THORPE-ON-THE-HILL, a parish, with a r. station, in the district and county of Lincoln; on the Lincoln and Newark railway, 6 miles SW of Lincoln. Post town, Lincoln. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £2,658. Pop., 427. Houses, 82. The property is divided among a few. There are mineral springs. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £260. Patrons, The Dean and Chapter of L. The church is plain. There are two Wesleyan chapels and a national school.

Thorpe on the Hill through time

Thorpe on the Hill is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thorpe on the Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thorpe on the Hill, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13964

Date accessed: 14th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thorpe on the Hill ".