Place:


Thornton le Fen  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thornton le Fen like this:

THORNTON-LE-FEN, a parish in Boston district, Lincoln; 2¾ miles SE of Dogdyke r. station, and 7½ NW of Boston. Post town, Coningsby, under Boston. Acres, 380. Real property, £2,835. Pop., 193. Houses, 30. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £84. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in 1816. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Thornton le Fen through time

Thornton le Fen is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thornton le Fen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thornton le Fen, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13959

Date accessed: 24th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thornton le Fen ".