Place:


North Thoresby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Thoresby like this:

THORESBY (North), a parish, with a village, in Louth district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, 8 miles N by W of Louth. It has a post-office under Louth, and a r. station. Acres, 2,485. Real property, £4,218. Pop., 824. Houses, 183. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £573.* Patron, the Rev. E. Bassett. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels, an endowed school with £30 a year, and charities £24.

North Thoresby through time

North Thoresby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Thoresby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Thoresby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13952

Date accessed: 29th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Thoresby ".