Place:


Sutton Waldron  Dorset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton Waldron like this:

SUTTON-WALDRON, a parish in Shaftesbury district, Dorset; 3¾ miles NE of Shillingstone r. station, and 5 S of Shaftesbury. Post town, Shaftesbury, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,013. Rated property, £1,203. Pop., 248. Houses, 54. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £169. Patron, H.Sturt, Esq. The church is good.

Sutton Waldron through time

Sutton Waldron is now part of North Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton Waldron itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton Waldron in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13947

Date accessed: 13th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sutton Waldron".