Place:


Picton  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Picton like this:

PICKTON, a township in Kirk-Leavington parish, N. . R. Yorkshire; on the Northallerton and Stockton railway, at the junction of the line to Egton, 3½ miles S of Yarm. It has a station at the r. junction. Acres, 990. Real property, £857. Pop., 96. Houses, 22.

Picton through time

Picton is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Picton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Picton, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13905

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Picton ".