Place:


Swaton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swaton like this:

SWATON, a parish, with a village, in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 4¼ miles S of Heckington r. station, and 5 NE by E of Falkingham. Post town, Falkingham. Acres, 3,670. Real property, £5,184. Pop., 297. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to the Rev. H. Lee Warner. The living is a vicarage, united with Spanby, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £515.* Patron, Mrs. Ram. The church is old but good. There is a parochial school.

Swaton through time

Swaton is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swaton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swaton, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13900

Date accessed: 15th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swaton ".