Place:


Oulston  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oulston like this:

OULSTON, a township in Coxwold parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 4 miles E N E of Easingwold. Acres, 1, 502. Real property, £1, 799. Pop., 214. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to Sir G. O. Wombwell, Bart. There are a very deep draw-well, a Roman Catholic chapel, and an endowed school with £10 a year; and the school-house is used as a Wesleyan place of worship.

Oulston through time

Oulston is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oulston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oulston, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13862

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oulston ".