Place:


Llanfihangel Helygen  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Helygen like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-HELYGEN, or LLANFIHANGELFACH, a parish in Rhayader district, Radnor; on the rivers Ithon and Dulais, 4 miles W of Penybont r. station, and 5½ SE by S of Rhayader. Post town, Penybont, Radnorshire. Acres, 1,459. Real property, £664. pop., 110. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, united with the p. curacy of Llanyre, in the diocese of St. David's. Valne,. £250. Patron, alternately the Bishop of St. David's and the Vicar of Nantmel. The church is good.

Llanfihangel Helygen through time

Llanfihangel Helygen is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Helygen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Helygen, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1379

Date accessed: 22nd January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Helygen ".