Place:


Strubby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Strubby like this:

STRUBBY-WITH-WOODTHORPE, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 4 miles N by E of Alford r. station. Post town, Alford. Acres, 2,075. Real property, £3,454. Pop., 295. Houses, 67. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £150. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of L. The church, excepting the chancel, was rebuilt in 1857.

Strubby through time

Strubby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Strubby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Strubby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13783

Date accessed: 09th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Strubby ".