Place:


Stragglethorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stragglethorpe like this:

STRAGGLETHORPE, a parish in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; 4 miles NE of Claypole r. station, and 7¼ E by S of Newark. Post town, Newark. Acres, 1,150. Real property, £1,409. Pop., 90. Houses, 18. The manor belongs to Sir G. E. Welby, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Beckingham. The church is good.

Stragglethorpe through time

Stragglethorpe is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stragglethorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stragglethorpe, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13778

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stragglethorpe ".