Place:


Stickford  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stickford like this:

STICKFORD, a parish, with a village, in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 5 miles WNW of Eastville r. station, and 6 SW of Spilsby. Post town, Boston. Acres, 670. Real property, £2,565. Pop., 357. Houses, 80. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £175.* Patron, the Bishop of L. The church is good, and has a lofty ancient tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and an endowed school with £8 a year.

Stickford through time

Stickford is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stickford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stickford, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13765

Date accessed: 22nd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stickford ".