Place:


Little Steeping  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Steeping like this:

STEEPING (Little), a parish, with a r. station, in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, 3½ miles SE of Spilsby. Post town, Spilsby. Acres, 1,490. Real property, £1,997. Pop., 326. Houses, 69. The manor belongs to W. Pinder, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £181.* Patron, Lord Willoughby D'Eresby. The church is later English. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a free school.

Little Steeping through time

Little Steeping is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Steeping itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Steeping, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13736

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Steeping ".